Saturday 28 August 2010

The Incredibles (2004) by Brad Bird – (4/10)

Nice little family film that pokes fun at the superhero genre, I did not find it to be entirely on par with some of Pixar’s recent work (Wall-E, Finding Nemo,…). It does actually very little with what it is given. It does deal with issues such as midlife crisis, marital dysfunction, child neglect, impotence fears, fashion faux pas and existential angst. Adults will be capable of enjoying this but somehow despite all this it still managed to feel a bit standard to me. I think that I am being just way to demanding to wards what is essentially still a movie that kids should be capable of relating to. I think that it does succeed perfectly in creating a story that kids will like but that also has moments that the adults will enjoy. Despite my hatred of dubbed movies, I did watch this one dubbed which did iritate me, I never quite got used to it. It might be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment